- One who purchases or sells a futures contract as a temporary substitute for
a transaction to be made at a later date. Related: Hedge
- The purchaser of an option. Also known as the option buyer.
- holding period return
- Also called the ex post return, the return on a
portfolio over a period of time.
- Homogeneous expectations assumption
- An assumption of Markowitz portfolio
construction that investors have the same expectations with respect to the inputs that
are used to derive efficient portfolios: asset returns, variances, and covariances.
- Horizon analysis
- An analysis of returns using total return to assess performance
over some investment horizon.
- Horizon matching
- Related: Combination matching
- Horizon return
- Total return over a given horizon.
- Horizontal analysis
- The process of dividing each expense item of a given year by
that same expense item in the base year. This allows for the exploration of changes
in the relative importance of expense items over time and the behavior of expense
items as sales change.
- Host security
- The security to which a warrant is attached.
- Hybrid security
- A convertible security whose optioned common stock is trading in a
middle range, causing the convertible security to trade with the characteristics of both
a fixed-income security and a common stock instrument.
Click here for Finance Glossary Search Index
Click here for Campbell Harvey's Home Page