In preparing your manuscript for inclusion in The Korean Language in America, the following guidelines are to be strictly observed:
1. System: IBM PC-compatible, MS Word (English and Korean)
2. Margins: Top 1.5”
3. Font size: Title 12, boldface
Name 11 point
Affiliation 11, italics
Text 10 point
4. Font type: English, Times New Roman
5. Length: 15 pages maximum, single-spaced
6. Pagination: DO NOT number pages
7. Notes are to be entered at the bottom of each page (footnotes [footers]), NOT at the end of the paper (endnotes). Make sure a full one-inch margin is allowed after a footer.
8. A text written entirely in Korean is not encouraged. However, if you need to write your manuscript all in Korean, you must submit a summary written in English that is substantial enough for a person not well-versed in Korean to understand the core of your paper.
9. Have your manuscript checked (edited) by a native speaker of English.
**10. The manuscript that does not
follow these guidelines will be returned.
A manuscript may be submitted electronically to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
If you wish to send a hard copy (with a diskette, please), mail it to:
2101 Campus Dr.
Durham, NC 27708
All manuscripts must be received by MAY 10, 2004 to be included in the ninth volume of The Korean Language in America.