Professor John M. McCann
Fuqua School of Business
Last update: March 4, 1996
This page describes the second assignment for BA 491. If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this page, please send them via email to email@example.com.
Overview of Assignment 1b
Assignment 2 is an individual assignment:
- The point value is 20.
- It is due at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 28. Five points will be deducted for each 24 hour period the assignment is late.
- It consists of three linked WWW pages that must comply with the structure and elements described below.
- These files must be accessible from your Duke acpub account in the public_html directory.
- The "home" page for this assignment must be named assign1b.htm.
- It must be accessible using the following URL - http://www.duke.edu/~acctname/assign1b.htm where acctname is your acpub account name.
- The second and third, linked pages you create must be named page2.htm and page3.htm.
The purpose of the assignment is to demonstrate that you have learned to create a small web of linked WWW pages using some specified, fundamental elements of the HTML language.
Assignment 1b - Content & Structure
For this assignment, you are required to create a set of three linked WWW documents describing some product, service, company, or yourself. Although the specific content of the document is not specifically graded, it must be meaningful and coherent in its presentation.
The small web of linked documents must conform to the structure outlined below.
- Your assign1b.htm page must contain five links. The first two links are to page2.htm and page3.htm. The remaining three links must be to URLs from another site. From the point of view of content, these links must be meaningful and reasonable in the context of your page's theme. That is, page2.htm and page3.htm should address topics related to the theme of your assign1b.htm page. And, the three external links must also be meaningful in the context of your overall "mini-web".
- Page2.htm and page3.htm must contain "go back" type links that will return the user to the main, assign1b.htm page.
- Your assign1b.htm page must contain one link to a graphic image in a gif format so that it appears on your assign1b.htm page.
- Your assign1b.htm page must contain an e-mail link to you. You must end this page with a "mailto" link. This link must operate properly in allowing the grader to provide you feedback on your assignment and your resulting points. Using the HTML assistant software, this can be created using the "link" button and selecting the mailto URL prefix.
Return to the BA 491 Home Page.