- Biography, startup failures
- Introducing Drupal for MongoDB site
- Emulating Drupal’s community techniques
- Hugo, Docker involvement
- Illness, life lessons
- Key for success
- Open Source
- Collaborative Development
- Community Engagement
- Steve’s message: Don’t stop
Easily the best non-Dries keynote I’ve attended yet.
- OPIN, a Canadian firm. Works with SUNY.
- OneOrigin has an interesting A.I. technology that assists with creating faceted searching without SOLR.
- BlueSpark as I was favorably impressed by their COO’s presentation. Marketing guy is a Duke Fuqua grad. Perhaps I can pick the COO’s brain about other performance measurements and capability assessment?
Session summary by presenter:
I’ll admit it, I love spreadsheets. So when I attended a session by Sean Larkin* called, “Scaling your business starts with the right spreadsheets: performance metrics” at Drupalcon LA, I was excited to take what I had learned and apply it to my own agency. I was inspired. I immediately adopted these same spreadsheets and started adapting them to fit my needs as Chief Operating Officer.
- Billable hours matrix
- Stepping through measurements and their impact on constraints
- Cost recovery and profit focused, but still valid capacity, capability and status measures
- What should automated web accessibility tell us?
- Lighthouse (Google)
- Tenon (commercial)
- WAVE (commercial)
- Types of tools
- Comparison of the above
- Lighthouse has an API and a Node package
- Runs script as a pre-commit git hook
- AI can better help with accessibility analysis
This session will cover everything you need to know to build and maintain a Drupal application using Composer. We’ll start Merriam Webster’s definition of Composer (not really) and walk you through step-by-step until you have a fully built Drupal codebase. There’s no prior knowledge or experience required. But if you’re already a seasoned Composer user, we’ve got a few tips for you too!
- Covered basics
- Drupal template project
- Drupal module updates
- what required-dev is for
- Reduced production deployments
- You can find this code here: https://grasmash.github.io/drupal-composer-training/#create-a-new-project