Peterjohn-Richards Distinguished Professor
Research interests: market design; optimization: combinatorial and network optimization, integer programming; design and analysis of algorithms; auction theory; mechanism design.
· , with V. Nguyen and C. Xu.
· , with C. Deng.
· , with P.C. Fishburn.
· with Y. Mai.
· Approximate Submodularity in Network Design Problems, with L. DeValve and Y. Wei, Operations Research, forthcoming.
· A Characterization of the Existence of Succinct Linear Representation of Subset Valuations, Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 115, 102779
· Courteous or Crude? Managing User Conduct to Improve On-demand Service Platform Performance, with Y. Mai and B. Hu, Management Science, 69, 996-1016.
· Optimal Price/Advertising Menus for Two-Sided Media Platforms, with L. DeValve, Operations Research, 70, 1629-1645.
· Revenue-Sharing Allocation Strategies for Two-Sided Media Platforms: Pro-Rata versus User-Centric, with S. Alaei, A. Makhdoum and A. Malekian, Management Science, 68, 8699-8721.
· , with Y. Mai and B. Hu, Production and Operations Management, 29, 2252-2267.
· , with L. DeValve and Y. Wei, Management Science, 66, 5389-5407.
· , with K.B. Venable (Eds.), Proceedings of the 6th Intl. Conf. ADT, Springer, LNAI 11834.
· , with O. Candogan. Management Science, 64, 5521-5543.
· , with A. Belloni and C. Deng. Operations Research, 65, 577-594.
· , with C. Deng. In Shoham Y. (Ed.) Proceedings of the 12th ACM conference on Electronic Commerce, ACM, New York, NY, 361-370.
· . In Brafman R.I., Roberts, F.S., Tsoukias, A. (eds.) Algorithmic Decision Theory, Springer, 205-218.
· , with R.M. Harstad. Interfaces, 38, 367-380.
· , with I. Tsetlin. Management Science, 54, 1610-1623.
· , with C. Mezzetti and I. Tsetlin. Games and Economic Behavior, 62, 591-609.
· , with R.M. Harstad and I. Tsetlin. Games and Economic Behavior, 62, 476-508.
· , with I. Tsetlin. Review of Economic Design, 10, 63-71.
· Noncomputational Approaches to Mitigating Computational Problems in Combinatorial Auctions, with M.H. Rothkopf. In P. Cramton, Y. Shoham, R. Steinberg (Eds.) Combinatorial Auctions, M.I.T. Press.
· , with N. Mustafa. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, 17, 634-660.
· , with J.-P. Doignon and M. Regenwetter. Psychometrika, 69, 33-54.
· , with M.H. Rothkopf. Management Science, 49, 1485-1503.
· , with P.C. Fishburn and J.A. Reeds. Mathematics of Operations Research, 27, 227-243.
· . European Journal of Operational Research 133/3, 154-169.
· , with N. Mustafa. In Orejas, F., P. G. Spirakis and J. van Leeuwen (Eds.): Automata, Languages and Programming, 28th International Colloquium, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2076 Springer, 530-542.
· , with F.S. Roberts. Mathematical Social Sciences 41, 275-293.
· , with J.-C. Bermond, J. Bond, C. Martin, and F.S. Roberts. Journal of Interconnection Networks 1, 21-46.
· , with M.H. Rothkopf and R.M. Harstad. Management Science 44, 1131-1147.
· , with N.V.R. Mahadev and F.S. Roberts. Operations Research 46/3S, S120-S134.
· , with N.V.R. Mahadev and F.S. Roberts. Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 25/11, 9-22.
· Mathematical Methods of Operations Research 46, 229-239.
· , Combinatorics, Probability & Computing 5, 267-276.
· Pekeč, A. (1996), Limitations on conclusions from combinatorial optimization models, Ph.D. Thesis, Rutgers University.
· , with B. Hu and Y. Mai.
· , with C. Deng and J. Song
· Managing Investment in Risky Projects with Complementarities, with R.V. Krishna and S. Rampertshammer.
· , with C. Deng.
· Sourcing Decisions under Supply Risk and Scale Economies, with F. Bernstein and C. Deng.
· , Dialogue, Q3 2023 issue.
· , Dialogue, Q3 2022 issue.
· Data-Driven Decision Making (Exec. Ed.)
· Digital Platforms (EMBA)
· Probability and Statistics (Daytime MBA, EMBA)
· Statistical Models (EMBA)
· Strategic Modeling and Business Dynamics (Daytime MBA)
· Technological Transformation of Business (Daytime MBA)
Excellence in Teaching Award, Weekend Executive MBA Program, Class of 2015.
Excellence in Teaching Award, Cross Continent MBA Program Class of 2012.
Excellence in Teaching Award, Weekend Executive MBA Program, Class of 2010.
Saša Pekeč is the Peterjohn-Richards Distinguished Professor of Business Administration in the Decision Sciences Area at the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University. Professor Pekeč research is interdisciplinary and revolves around decision-making in complex competitive environments. He is the president of the INFORMS Section on Auctions and Market Design, serves on editorial boards on several scientific journals, and has published articles in Management Science, Operations Research, as well as in top academic journals in other fields such as economics, mathematics and psychology. Professor Pekeč is teaching analytics and technology courses in Fuqua’s executive and daytime MBA programs.
Professor Pekeč’s consulting experience includes finance, pharmaceutical, retail, and technology industries. He serves on the Supervisory Board of Atlantic Grupa, one of the leading FMCG companies in SE Europe, and was a member of the Council of Economic Advisors to the President of Croatia from 2010 to 2015.